Description: Some critics have labelled Loblaw’s announcement that it is freezing prices on its No Name brand until January a PR stunt. Its competitor Metro says such a freeze is ‘an industry practice.’
Source: CBC.ca – video report
Date: Oct 18, 2022
Questions for discussion:
- Summarize the criticism directed at Loblaw.
- Do you think it is fair criticism or a poor defensive response from a competitor?
- Had the criticism not been made, do you think the PR value of the strategy was worthy?
- How do you think this argument is playing out with customers?
- What would you advise Loblaw marketers now?